qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C++] Build
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:40:55 GMT
On 02/05/07, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 12:35 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> > Ok found the problem.
> >
> > our box didn't have an ipv4 lookup for localhost in /etc/hosts
> >
> > The python script kinda gave it away by saying 'Name or service not known'
> >
> > It wouldn't connect to the java broker either but 127.0.0.1 would
> > connect to the java broker (though the python takes the -b host value
> > as the vhost value aswell) this led us to /etc/hosts which only had
> > the ipv6 value for localhost.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help getting to the bottom of this one.
> >
> > I wonder where the C++ was listening?
>
> Could you connect to the C++ broker with 127.0.0.1? I'm not much up on
> ipv6 config etc. do you think there's something more the broker needs to
> do to play nice with ipv6?
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

I didn't try and specify the ip to connect to with python -> C++. I
made the python -> java work and it then just worked with python ->
C++.

If I get some spare time on the box then I'll try and remove the ipv4
localhost entry in hosts and see if we can specify it by ip.

However if virtual hosts are implemented on C++ then it is likely it
won't work. The java broker refused the connection as vhost 127.0.0.1
doesn't exist. In the java the vhosts are arbitrary strings so there
is no correlation between '127.0.0.1' and 'localhost'.

--
Martin Ritchie