qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid python implementation
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 21:13:23 GMT
Alan Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 12:50 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
>> On 26/04/07, Jimmy John <jimmyj_in@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>     Is there any qpid python implementation. I saw only C++/Java implementations
of the broker.
>> We currently only have the two broker implementations. But we have
>> clients in C++, C#(.Net), java, python and ruby.
>
> I have heard there is partial broker implementation in python,
> sufficient to script the broker side of tests. I've never used it, Rafi
> would know more.

What is implemented in python is enough of the I/O and threading for a
Broker that you can easily script the Broker half of AMQP protocol
interactions. This is quite useful for testing, however it doesn't
constitute a fully functional Broker. A fully functional python broker
would require persistent queues, transactions, etc, all of which would
need to be built on top of what is currently there.

--Rafael