qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:12:57 GMT
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 15:50 +0100, John O'Hara wrote:
> Do you want to think about localisation of log messages at this point?
Nope.

> How do you pro's do that anyway :-) ?
I reckon a catalog of type-safe message definition templates to replace
the ad-hock ostream or format expressions we use now.

It's sort-of orthogonal to the underlying logging infrastructure but
there's an interesting possibility. If we had a message catalog
(regardless of localization) we could dump message definition IDs and
unformatted binary parameters to a binary log to be formatted
out-of-process by a log reader program. This would increase the amount
of logging that can be turned on before you cripple the broker.

All good future fun :)

Cheers,
Alan.