qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 12:12:32 GMT
On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 12:58 +0100, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> While obviously we should choose the best tool for the job...  There
> is a lot to be said for some consistancy between the brokers.  We've
> talked before about how we should try to standardize log messages (at
> least at "info" and above levels).

I fully agree with this, but it true irrespective of the logging tool we
choose (so isn't that relevant here)

> Perhaps we should do some architecting around our logging "philosophy"
> before choosing tools?

I might be misunderstanding you, but I'd say that choosing a flexible
approach to the backend of the logging should allow for changes in
logging philosophy.

Unless you mean by "philosophy" what's logged, in which case as above
the tool used to do this isn't that relevant in itself.

Andrew