qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 12:09:40 GMT
On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 12:29 +0100, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> Major issue might be (according to their website) you need to use
> STLSoft - their own version of the STL - it seems the standard library
> might not be sufficient. On the other hand this seems to be a self
> contained headers only thing so we could use it without too much
> problem.

Replying to myself here - I was confusing stlsoft and stlport - stlsoft
isn't a reimplementation of the stl it's a whole load of extensions to
it.

The issue here is really adding 2 more dependencies to the C++ broker,
it seems that in this case we'd be best off just copying the code
directly into qpid/cpp as these aren't standard packages for anything
I've seen (no rpm or dpkg). Making people fetch it and build it
themselves will just add to their pain!

Andrew