qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 11:29:17 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 20:12 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> http://pantheios.sourceforge.net/ looks interesting. Doesn't have a wide
> selection of back-ends but appears to have a smarter front-end than
> most, lazy formatting of arguments giving a low overhead for disabled
> log statements without needing to wrap them in if (willBeLogged() {..}
>
> Anyone have experience/opinions?

I like the basic approach a lot.

Major issue might be (according to their website) you need to use
STLSoft - their own version of the STL - it seems the standard library
might not be sufficient. On the other hand this seems to be a self
contained headers only thing so we could use it without too much
problem.

Another positive is the author of pantheios/STLSoft - Matthew Wilson who
is a fairly well known C++ lib expert.

Andrew