qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Garth J Lancaster <Garth.Lancas...@mbf.com.au>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 22:09:22 GMT

Alan Conway-2 wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 14:50 -0700, Garth J Lancaster wrote:
>>
>> Alan Conway-2 wrote:
>> >

> Don't get me wrong - I'm impressed with Pantheios run-time performance
> and the clever use of string-shims. I will eventually build the
> performance tests and depeding on how it fares vs. rlog and some
> thoughts of my own I'll consider it seriously for my project.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

Cool  .. remember, its only released so far as Beta  ;-)

Obviously the number of library-objects it builds at the moment is an issue
- one that has been discussed with Matthew, and, some consolidation could be
achieved.

You seem very experienced Alan (not blowing smoke) - What would you like to
see ? - Im not sure it can get down to one library per platform, but there
may be some better groupings, outside of the 'standard'
debug/release/single-thread/multi-thread type builds ....

Any other suggestions/comments would also be appreciated.

Garth