qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Garth J Lancaster <Garth.Lancas...@mbf.com.au>
Subject Re: C++ logging - anyone heard of pantheios?
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 21:50:51 GMT

Alan Conway-2 wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 08:36 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Unfortunately the packaging in pantheios is truly apalling. Over 50
> static libs with names like "pantheios.1.bel.null.gcc40.debug.a" Ack.
> They only have vc .dsps for their perf test and I gave up trying to
> figure out what combination of libs was required for it to work.

To be able to keep compatability with a large number of compilers and front
end/back end options is hard - unfortunately that makes it look onerous ...
thats why if you follow this link ..
http://pantheios.sourceforge.net/tutorials_library_selector.html to the
library selector tool you'll see Matthew's taken the hard work out of it -
using the tool you select what compiler, front end and back end(s) and it
generates the necessary includes. Now, is that hard ?  I'd submit that for a
whole lot of flexibility in options, this is a minor price - and once you
are more familiar with the front ends and back-ends, selecting them manually
wont be an issue

Garth