qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Java Build Instructions - Trunk (M2+)
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:59:27 GMT
Steve Vinoski wrote:

> Hi Gordon, I guess the issue here is that qpid-run is specifically
> intended to work within the layout of the installed package environment.
> We could
>
> 1. Write a new script to be used within your svn working copy, perhaps
> boiling the common parts of it and the qpid-run script into a separate
> file that each of them source so as to prevent scripting duplication.
>
> 2. Augment qpid-run so that it can also run within the svn working copy.

My thought was that if there was an easy way to do it we could have a
task (or maven equivalent) that setup the installed package layout. We
used to have this with the ant build.

The benefit is that it easily allows the same scripts and config files
to be used in development that will be used for an installed release.
That in turn makes it more likely that those artifacts are kept in
working order and have any wrinkles ironed out quickly.