qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Jira accounts (was Re: Qpid Release Process)
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:26:37 GMT
On 9/17/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I created a Qpid Jira project with the typical notification and
> permission schemes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID.
>
> This also involved creating a qpid-developers group, but I only added
> people I knew would already have an account -- qpid committers who
> were already committers on other Apache projects.
>
> So, each new committer should go to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa and create a
> jira account and email me with your username.  I'll then add you to
> the qpid-developers group.  The typical convention is to use your
> Apache id for your Jira username (that's how I was able to guess the
> Jira ids of the committers who already had apache accounts).
>
> Also, I tentatively made myself the "project lead", but it should
> really be a committer who is going to be very active in the project.
> So, who would like to volunteer to be the Jira person for this
> project?    All qpid-developers really have all the permission they'd
> need with the scheme I set up, but I think the project lead might be
> able to do some admin stuff others can't do -- really not sure exactly
> what.  So, I'll reassign this to whomever you all come up with.  I
> don't think it's much of a big deal though.

Earlier this morning, I added the last few jira account ids to the
qpid group that have been sent to me since I sent this out.  However,
I'm still missing a bunch.  Here are the jira ids that are now set up:

bhupendrab
chamikara
cliffs
eglynn
gsim
jstrachan
pizak
rajith
rgreig
ritchiem
steshaw
vinoski

If you set up a jira account and sent me the id already, I'm sorry
that I missed that somehow; otherwise, the remaining committers still
need to tell me what their jira id is.

Cliff