qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject java unit vs. system tests
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:53:35 GMT
Perhaps I'm missing something, but are the Qpid Java unit tests
really unit tests? To me they seem more like system tests. One
critical aspect of a unit test is isolation, typically achieved via
mock objects, but when I look through the code I don't really see the
isolation I expect to see.

Does anybody have any coverage figures for these tests? Perhaps
someone familiar with the tests could file JIRAs for the parts known
to lack coverage.

Again, assuming I'm not missing something, this is another reason why
I advocate (and am still working on) moving to maven. It will force
us to get our testing structures in order, will make it easier to add
tests wherever required, and will also give us code coverage
essentially for free.

--steve