M4 Release Process Notes
has been edited by Rafael H. Schloming
(Jan 08, 2009).
- Release notes generated from Jira are incomplete/inaccurate
- Release note text files are included in the artifacts, so can only contain things which are known in advanced
- Releases shouldn't be scheduled right before the holiday break
- Trunk was closed for a long time
- Was difficult to know what the status of the release was due to Jira inaccuracies
- Lack of clear documentation about release artifacts
- Lack of interest in fixing problems with some artifacts
- Many java commits unreviewed: jiras randomly set to resolved, sat in in-progress for ages etc.
- Addition of GPL library as dependency
- branching and tagging conventions are inconsistent across releases
- windows build files require manual updates was a problem