provisionr-dev mailing list archives

From Tudor Rogoz <ro...@adobe.com>
Subject default ami not supporting EBS mapping
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 07:55:16 GMT
Hi,

There is the possibility to select a different ami image for the ec2
instances?
The problem that I have is that I want to create a pool of instances,
each having several EBS volumes attached.The default image that
provisioner uses (on us-west-2 region in my case) is ami-3e4fc10e which
doesn't support ebs mapping on startup [0].I manually tried to create
this kind of instance, but with a different ami, and works, so having
the possibility to change the ami id from provisionr will solve the issue.

[0]  AWS Error Code: UnsupportedOperation, AWS Error Message: EBS block
device mappings not supported for instance-store AMIs

Thanks,
Tudor