predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Troemner <atroem...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Scientific articles or a Mathematical description
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:41:18 GMT
Hi,

PredictionIO serves as a framework for other numerical processing
libraries, primarily Spark's MLlib. You can read more of the documentation
on the Spark website <https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-guide.html>.

The library has many tools related to classification, regression,
collaborative filtering, NLP, and other related tasks, so it's probably
easier to describe the broad task you want to do and then find out the
specific Spark / Java / Scala implementation API's.

If you want to learn more about several statistical techniques, I would
recommend a general statistical book that describes many common techniques.
I find the Elements of Statistical Learning
<https://web.stanford.edu/~hastie/ElemStatLearn/> by Springer Press to be
particularly useful to that end. There are several other books about
Scikit-learn that also describe very well the variety of statistical
algorithms available to Data Scientists.

Hope that helps!

*ANDREW TROEMNER*Associate Principal Data Scientist | salesforce.com
Office: 317.832.4404
Mobile: 317.531.0216
<http://smart.salesforce.com/sig/atroemner//us_mb_kb/default/link.html>