predictionio-user mailing list archives

From "Hari, Sekhar" <sekhar.h...@cgi.com>
Subject Documents comparison and recommendation
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:40:33 GMT
Hi there -

I'm just new to Apache PredictionIO, and was exploring its abilities. Though I'm sure it is
possible but I couldn't find an engine template for a use case like below:

Use case:
I've a set of searchable contract documents (RFPs) in a repository. The task is to compare
all these documents on certain attributes (aka, field names; the field names could be mentioned
differently in these documents but semantically they are the same in meaning), and then prepare
a recommendation report narrating something similar to: "RFP1 is better than RFP2 in terms
of responding / pursuing further due to so-and-so reasons".

Example:
RFP1 has a field name XXXX with value $1000 (mentioned in a table format).
RFP2 has the same field name XXXX with value $500 (mentioned in a table format).
RFP1 has net returns field with value 7.3% (mentioned in English text in a paragraph).
RFP2 has net returns field with value 5.9% (mentioned in English text in a paragraph).

Question:
Can PredictionIO compare RFP1 and RFP2 and then write out a recommendation report stating
the reasons for recommendation? If yes, is there a recommendation template available? I was
looking at the "Classification Engine Template Quick Start<http://predictionio.apache.org/templates/classification/quickstart/>"
guide, and found this as the closest match for my requirement. But I'd be most grateful if
anybody can suggest a better one.

Thanks
Sekhar Hari