predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Dave Novelli <d...@ultravioletanalytics.com>
Subject Unclear problem with using S3 as a storage data source
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 01:17:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the Universal Recommender template and I'm trying to switch
storage data sources from local file to S3 for the model repository. I've
read the page at https://predictionio.apache.org/system/anotherdatastore/
to try to understand the configuration requirements, but when I run pio
train it's indicating an error and nothing shows up in the s3 bucket:

[ERROR] [S3Models] Failed to insert a model to
s3://pio-model/pio_modelAWJPjTYM0wNJe2iKBl0d

I created a new bucket named "pio-model" and granted full public
permissions.

Seemingly relevant settings from pio-env.sh:

PIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_MODELDATA_NAME=pio_model
PIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_MODELDATA_SOURCE=S3

PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_S3_TYPE=s3
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_S3_REGION=us-west-2
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_S3_BUCKET_NAME=pio-model

# I've tried with and without this
#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_S3_ENDPOINT=http://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com

# I've tried with and without this
#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_S3_BASE_PATH=pio-model

Any suggestions where I can start troubleshooting my configuration?

Thanks,
Dave