predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject The Universal Recommender v0.7.0
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:10:21 GMT
We have been waiting to release the UR v0.7.0 for testing (done) and the release of Mahout
v0.13.1 (not done) Today we have released the UR v0.7.0 anyway. This comes with:
Support for PIO v0.12.0
Requires Scala 2.11 (can be converted to use Scala 2.10 but it’s a manual process)
Requires Elasticsearch 5.X, and uses the REST client exclusively. This enables Elasticsearch
authentication if needed.
Speed improvements for queries (ES 5.x is faster) and model building (a snapshot build of
Mahout includes speedups)
Requires a source build of Mahout from a version forked by ActionML. This requirement will
be removed as soon as Mahout releases v0.13.1, which will be incorporated in UR v0.7.1 asap.
Follow special build instructions in the UR’s README.md.
Fixes a bug in the business rules for excluding items with certain properties

Report issues on the GitHub repo here: https://github.com/actionml/universal-recommender <https://github.com/actionml/universal-recommender>
get tag v0.7.0 for `pio build` and be sure to read the instructions and warnings on the README.md
there.

Ask questions on the Google Group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/actionml-user
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/actionml-user> or on the PIO user list.