predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Donald Szeto <don...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pio batchpredict fix & changes
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:28:40 GMT
Hi Mars,

Thanks for the PR! I am still reviewing the code change, but at the high
level it will take away the ability to run "batchpredict" remotely on a
Spark cluster + HDFS/S3 setup, and requires extra steps of downloading
input and uploading output files for such setup. It will unlikely scale to
much larger dataset.

That said, this is a very important and convenient feature. I'll help make
it as good as possible.

Regards,
Donald