predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Implementing cart and wishlist item events into Ecommerce recommendation template
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 17:20:32 GMT
Oh, forgot to say the most important part. The ECom recommender does not support shopping carts
unless you train on (cart-id, item-id-of item added-to-cart) And even then I’m not sure
you can query with the current cart’s contents since the item-based query is for a single
item. The cart-id takes the place of user-id in this method of training and there may be a
way to do this in the MLlib implementation but It isn’t surfaced in the PIO interface. It
would be explained as an anonymous user (one not in the training data) and will take an item
list in the query. Look into the MLlib ALS library and expect to modify the template code.

There is also the Complimentary Purchase template, which does shopping carts but, from my
rather prejudiced viewpoint, if you need to switch templates use one that supports every use-case
you are likely to need.