predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Implementing cart and wishlist item events into Ecommerce recommendation template
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 16:34:32 GMT
The Universal Recommender supports several types of “item-set” recommendations:
1) Complimentary Purchases. which are things bought with what you have in the shopping cart.
This is done by training on (cart-id, “add-to-cart”, item-id) and querying with the current
items in the user’s cart.
2) Similar items to those in the cart, this is done by training with the typical events like
purchase, detail-view, add-to-cart., etc. for each user, then the query is the contents of
the shopping cart as a “item-set”. This give things similar to what is in the cart and
usually not the precise semantics for a shopping cart but fits other cases of using an items-set,
like wish-lists
3) take the last n items viewed and query with them and you have “recommendations based
on your recent views” In this case you need purchases as the primary event because you want
to recommend purchases but using only “detail-views” to do so.
4) some other combinations like favorites, watch-lists, etc.

These work slightly different and I could give examples of how they are used in Amazon but
#1 is typically used for the “shopping cart"

On Nov 3, 2017, at 7:13 PM, ilker burak <ilkerburak@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Vaghan,
I will check that. Thanks for your help and quick answer about this.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan781@gmail.com <mailto:vaghawan781@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hey there,

did you consider seeing this: https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/templates/ecommercerecommendation/train-with-rate-event/
<https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/templates/ecommercerecommendation/train-with-rate-event/>

for considering such events you may want to use the $set events as shown in the template documentation.
I use universal recommender though since already supports these requirements.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:37 AM, ilker burak <ilkerburak@gmail.com <mailto:ilkerburak@gmail.com>>