predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Noelia Osés Fernández <no...@vicomtech.org>
Subject PIO 0.12.0 on cloud server: ImportError: No module named predictionio
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:33:43 GMT
Hi all,

I have made a clean installation of Prediction IO 0.12.0 on a cloud server
following all the installation defaults. The installation seemed to go well
and pio status reported no errors. However, when I ran the UR's handmade's
integration test I got the following error message:

Checking status, should exit if pio is not running.
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting PredictionIO...
[INFO] [Management$] PredictionIO 0.12.0-incubating is installed at
/home/ubuntu/PredictionIO/apache-predictionio-0.12.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting Apache Spark...
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark is installed at
/home/ubuntu/PredictionIO/apache-predictionio-0.12.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating/vendors/spark-2.1.1-bin-hadoop2.6
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark 2.1.1 detected (meets minimum requirement
of 1.3.0)
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting storage backend connections...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: ELASTICSEARCH)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Model Data Backend (Source: LOCALFS)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Event Data Backend (Source: HBASE)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Test writing to Event Store (App Id 0)...
[INFO] [HBLEvents] The table pio_event:events_0 doesn't exist yet. Creating
now...
[INFO] [HBLEvents] Removing table pio_event:events_0...
[INFO] [Management$] Your system is all ready to go.
[ERROR] [App$] App handmade already exists. Aborting.

Checking to see if handmade app exists, should exit if not.
[INFO] [Pio$]     App Name: handmade
[INFO] [Pio$]       App ID: 1
[INFO] [Pio$]  Description:
[INFO] [Pio$]   Access Key:
HLc0UgUVbRsxRjwhXuT1s_TFfdtU7JE66_J7Ro0a31BtJo4Guf-HbYhwDTZMPbKv | (all)

Moving engine.json to user-engine.json if it exists

Moving examples/handmade-engine.json to engine.json for integration test.

Deleting handmade app data since the test is date dependent
[INFO] [Pio$] Data of the following app (default channel only) will be
deleted. Are you sure?
[INFO] [Pio$]     App Name: handmade
[INFO] [Pio$]       App ID: 1
[INFO] [Pio$]  Description: None
[INFO] [HBLEvents] Removing table pio_event:events_1...
[INFO] [App$] Removed Event Store for the app ID: 1
[INFO] [HBLEvents] The table pio_event:events_1 doesn't exist yet. Creating
now...
[INFO] [App$] Initialized Event Store for the app ID: 1

Importing data for integration test
Access key: HLc0XgUWbRsxRjwhYuT1s_TDfdtU7AE66_J7Ro0a31BtJo4Guf-HbYhwDTZMPbKv

*Traceback (most recent call last):  File "examples/import_handmade.py",
line 5, in <module>    import predictionioImportError: No module named
predictionio*

As the github repo doesn't mention that UR has been upgraded to work with
PIO 0.12.0, I have also tried with the E-Commerce Recommendation Template (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-ecom-recommender)
which explicitly mentions it has been upgraded to keep up with PIO 0.12.0.
However, I have run into the same error message when importing the data
using python.

I would very much appreciate any pointers that help me solve this problem.

Thank you!
noelia