predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Universal Recommender - search by subtext/Unicode
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 21:02:00 GMT
1) There is no specification, all input is expected to be encoded in UTF-8, what encoding are
you using, UTF-8 is by far the standard way that most all tools expect.

2) who is making the spelling mistake? The event sent to the Universal recommender does not
get spell checked and in many cases you will send SKU numbers instead of real product names.
You don’t “look for items” you query with a user-id to get user-based recs and an item-id
for item-based recs, the spelling must match what was sent with input events but that can
be any string.