predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Train and deploy on the fly dynamically
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2017 18:06:52 GMT
PredictionIO only supports batch training of models. If you want online training that updates
models with every new input be aware that DL4J is not fast enough to guarantee what some call
“kappa” style online learning and PIO does not directly support it.

One hack I have used with another online learning platform with a PIO template is to put the
algorithm code in an infinite loop, asking for new input constantly, then training as it comes
in.

There are some undocumented ways to hook into new input but they are undocumented for a reason
so I personally would not recommend them.

So you have 2 questions:
Do you need online realtime model updates or just train with every input (neural nets are
iterative with new input and so the later is my guess)
Are you able to modify the template code, the hack I mention will require a template change,
not a PIO change.