predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: How to config a high availability eventserver for PredictionIO ?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 16:24:29 GMT
A truly HA cluster is often not required depending on what you use it for. Can you share what
your application is?

The EventServer in my experience (I wrote the pages references below) has never crashed because
of input. I think the only crash modes I’ve seen involved disk full on some service from
log accumulation, or too much data accumulated. The EventServer is designed to ignore bad
input, not exception out.

If you really do need HA, all services (HBase, HDFS, Elasticsearch, PIO) are designed with
their own HA (multi-master, redundant data) configs. You would put the PIO eventserver and
predictionserver on multiple machines behind a load balancer for instance.

If you see stoppage due to disk full, you might want to plug those issues because HA won’t
help there. Monitoring core/CPU, memory, and disk usage is IMO more important than full HA
unless you do indeed have a business critical use for PIO.