predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.predictionio.tools.console.Console
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 20:16:14 GMT
Downloading and building PIO is not sufficient to run it. You must also install all of it’s
dependencies, services like Spark, HDFS, …

The last concrete issue I saw from you was HDFS not running. PIO requires that HDFS is running
as well as the other services before you can start it.

with PIO. And remember that pio-start-all only starts some services so I don’t rely on it.
Start the services you need by hand, verfiy they are working then start the pio EventServer.
Continue from there.

At this point it might be better to wipe the machine and start over following only one set
of instructions. Stick with that one since there are so many ways to configure PIO that switching
between 2 install instructions will only confuse things.