predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Customers clustering
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 21:13:39 GMT
Actually it sounds like you already have clusters that are made up of categories and you want
to know which cluster definition is most similar to what the user has bought? If so you don’t
need clustering but similarity. This is pretty easy to do by putting each cluster into Elasticsearch
as a doc with a list of categories—so 6 or so docs, then use the user’s history of bought
item categories as the query, you’ll get all clusters ranked from most similar (to the user’s
history) to least.

You would have to store user history on your own

This could be put into a simple template but if you already have user history, it may be overkill.