predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Thomas POCREAU <thomas.pocr...@iadvize.com>
Subject Re: Kafka support as Event Store
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 05:06:15 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

Our goal is to use kafka as our main event store for event sourcing. I'm
pretty sure that kafka can be used with an infinite retention time.

We could use KStream and the Java sdk but I would like to give a try to an
implementation of PStore on top of spark-streaming-kafka (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-kafka-0-10-integration.html
).

My main concern is related to the http interface to push events. We will
probably use KStream or websockets to load events in our Kafka topic used
by an app channel.

Are you planning on supporting websockets as an alternative to batch
import?

Regards,
Thomas Pocreau