predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Mars Hall <m...@heroku.com>
Subject Re: Eventserver API in an Engine?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:43:59 GMT
> On Jul 11, 2017, at 09:18, Pat Ferrel <pat@occamsmachete.com> wrote:
>
> But this is demonstrably untrue. Try it. Clustering for some templates assumes textual
data, others do not. This seems so far from my experience that your statement is baffling.
The PIO event stream from one recommender to the next is not compatible either. The E-Com
engine requires $set events on items, the UR does not. So taking UR events into the E-Com
recommender would result in garbage output.

> Events are a transform of the data to begin with and target a specific Engine in PIO.
So if you have a point it is moot since Events are not some idealized form of the data.

Pat, this has been our experience as well. Generic events are not useful to most algorithms.

Each engine requires its own data import workflow. For us, this is a Postgres/psql script
that selects data and transforms it into the batch JSON format (used by `pio import`) specifically
for the business model/rules & algorithm(s).

*Mars