predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Batch recommender
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:55:04 GMT
That feature requires a template to support the eval template APIs and many template do not
including the UR. We do cross-validation tests with an integration test that is supplied with
the recommender.

I'd like to see the eval stuff removed from PIO. Cross-validation is too different for different
algorithms and so is more naturally supported outside of PIO.

"Batch predict" seems like a nice feature though and fits with the outside of PIO cross-validation
methods. In this case it is a new method to the Algorithm, maybe Algo.batchPredict that trivially
calls Predict to batch up results before returning.