predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Can I use one PIO engine for several website?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:06:11 GMT
The PIO PredictionServer is not multi-tenant. The EventServer is and can store multiple datasets.
All other services can be scaled to host virtually unlimited data. The issue with SaaS PIO
would be the need for one process per tenant. This can be spread to multiple machines with
a proxy front-end but would be the primary design question for multi-tenancy.

SaaS implies other issues like authentication. PIO supports SSL but not auth so you would
need your front-end to do auth in some way as well as SSL.