predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Shane Johnson <shanewaldenjohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pio train fails in Intelij - [Error] com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.setInstantiatorStrategy(Lorg/objenesis/strategy/InstantiatorStrategy;)V
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 23:31:21 GMT
My apologies, my last e-mail was sent on accident.

*Primary Question:*

I am following this tutorial (
http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/resources/intellij/) and am
getting stuck running `pio train`. Error code is above.

com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.setInstantiatorStrategy(
Lorg/objenesis/strategy/InstantiatorStrategy;)V

*Secondary Question:*

What is a good way to print out the contents of a RDD or dataframe when
working with PredictionIO. I am new to Scala and PredictionIO. My
experience is in Jupyter Notebooks and python where you can view the data
frames and objects as you are proving out the model. Is there a good method
to do this within the predictionIO development cycles. I was thinking
IntelliJ would be the answer but perhaps there is an easy way to print out
the dataframes in the logs as well and view it when you run `pio build`.

Your mentorship is very much appreciated.

class TrainingData(
  val ratings: RDD[Rating]
) extends Serializable {
  override def toString = {
    s"ratings: [${ratings.count()}] (${ratings.take(2).toList}...)"
  }
}

*Shane Johnson | 801.360.3350*
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewjohnson> | Facebook