predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Host PIO on Github (not ASF Git)
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 22:26:17 GMT
BTW there seems now to be a way to host on Github (not ASF Git) by linking our ASF accounts
to our git accounts. This would make a bunch of things much easier like PRs can be reviewed
and merged directly,  direct merging of doc changes by users, lots of nice stuff that is GUI
related.  This would open up a whole new toolchain unless there are some hidden restrictions
and unless I’m misreading something.

https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>

Even given the risk of GH going down I’d take it over forcing the poor Infra people to guarantee
some SLA for our own git servers. They must have a zillion more interesting things to do.

I’d be happy to shepherd the Infra Jira if people want this. What do people think?