predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject PredictionServer Timeouts
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:54:28 GMT
I have a PredictionServer timeout when issuing a query for a non-existent user. We can only
use a weeks worth of data so doing the db clean every day to drop events that are too old,
without messing with $whatever events. Users are never created with $set. So we are asking
for a list of event types for a specific user. The user, as I said, does not exist because
they have no events yet. The PredictionServer times out after 20 seconds. Very odd. Could
trimming events by date do something that screws up an index causing a full scan of events?