predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Honders <dennishond...@gmail.com>
Subject Similar product template
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:39:48 GMT
Hello,

I was using the similar product template. (I'm not a data scientist)
The template is using the ALS algorithm and the Cooccurrence algortihm.

The ALS algorithm is quite good described on the Apache Spark MLlib
website. The Apache Mahout documentation about the cooccurrence algorithm
is quite general described and it is not clear what the differences are
between these algorithms. They both use matrixes to describe relations but
use a different approach to factorize the matrices?

I also like to know a bit more about the parameters of both algorithms, in
the engine.json. What could be the impact of changing the values?

   - ALS: rank, nIterations, lambda and seed.
   - Cooccurrence: "n"

The algorithms bring different results. Is there a general way of comparing
these results?

Greetings,

Dennis