predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: How Does The Score Works In UR
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 18:31:07 GMT
The limit depends on your data. I tell people to ignore the value as you do when searching
(no one uses the score when doing searches do they?) Only the ranking/ordering makes any real
difference.

The score is the sum of dot products of all user history vector segments against the correlator
fields in the model. If you boost or add properties to your queries they multiply times some
of the dot products before summation. So given any boosting the max is hard to state and we
have found no particular use for it. Other tuning parameters give you the best ways of affecting
the score so looking at the score afterwards is not very helpful except to rank results.