predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Kasper Bjerke <kasper.bjerk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: E-commerce recommender, recommendations for users who are not logged in?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:58:21 GMT
Thank you for a quick response.

And thank you for clearing up the unknown/new user issue. In my total lack
of imagination I didn't think of passing an empty user parameter.

I looked into the blacklisting, is it possible to also use this function to
blacklist categories? Say a user already selected an item of a certain
category, and now doesn't want to keep getting recommendations in the same
category, would I have to pass all categories and exclude the the ones
already used?

Initially I wanted to use the UR, but the owner did not want to use HBase
and Elasticsearch at this point. I'm fairly new to this type of technology,
but maybe I will try to learn it and try that out at a later point.

Kasper

On 20 March 2017 at 13:38, Daniel O' Shaughnessy <danieljamesdavid@gmail.com