predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Gustavo Frederico <gustavo.freder...@thinkwrap.com>
Subject Re: Testing DataSource
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:34:12 GMT
What's the name of this new Python integration test framework?

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Mars Hall <mars@heroku.com> wrote:
> Hi Pat,
>
> Yes, unit tests. The Scala code we write in an engine, especially DataSource & Algorithm,
can get quite complicated. Driving development with a fast unit-testing suite is a boon for
creating engines & collaborating on them, especially for those of us who are not Scala
experts.

> I've got ScalaTest unit tests working in the skeleton template for everything but the
DataSource, where I hit a JDBC connection pool error:
>   https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-skeleton/pull/5#issuecomment-285818113
>
> *Mars

>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 13:29, Pat Ferrel <pat@occamsmachete.com> wrote:
>>
>> Unit tests? I tend to test it with integration tests since that finds more problems
than simple unit tests. There is a new Python integration test framework but I’m still using
bash scripts

>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Mars Hall <mars@heroku.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have any of you ever written tests for DataSource?
>>
>> Any recommendations on how to handling seeding test data into the event storage or
wrapping test runs in transactions to clean any changes between each test?