predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Marius Rabenarivo <mariusrabenar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need a Suggessations
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:49:06 GMT
You should start the required ervices first in your cae, it's MySQL

But seeing Meta Data Backend (Source: PGSQL)... in the output means you
didn't put the right configuration in pio-env.sh

> [...]
>>> Version 2.0# (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
>>> compliance with# the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at##
>>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>>> <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>## Unless required by
>>> applicable law or agreed to in writing, software# distributed under the
>>> License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
>>> CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.# See the License for the
>>> specific language governing permissions and# limitations under the
>>> License.## PredictionIO Main Configuration## This section controls core
>>> behavior of PredictionIO. It is very likely that# you need to change these
>>> to fit your site.# SPARK_HOME: Apache Spark is a hard dependency and must
>>> be
>>> configured.SPARK_HOME=$PIO_HOME/vendors/spark-1.5.1-bin-hadoop2.6POSTGRES_JDBC_DRIVER=$PIO_HOME/lib/postgresql-9.4-1204.jdbc41.jarMYSQL_JDBC_DRIVER=$PIO_HOME/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.37.jar#
>>> ES_CONF_DIR: You must configure this if you have advanced configuration
>>> for#              your Elasticsearch setup.#
>>> ES_CONF_DIR=/opt/elasticsearch# HADOOP_CONF_DIR: You must configure this if
>>> you intend to run PredictionIO#                  with Hadoop 2.#
>>> HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/opt/hadoop# HBASE_CONF_DIR: You must configure this if you
>>> intend to run PredictionIO#                 with HBase on a remote
>>> cluster.# HBASE_CONF_DIR=$PIO_HOME/vendors/hbase-1.0.0/conf# Filesystem
>>> paths where PredictionIO uses as block
>>> storage.PIO_FS_BASEDIR=$HOME/.pio_storePIO_FS_ENGINESDIR=$PIO_FS_BASEDIR/enginesPIO_FS_TMPDIR=$PIO_FS_BASEDIR/tmp#
>>> PredictionIO Storage Configuration## This section controls programs that
>>> make use of PredictionIO's built-in# storage facilities. Default values are
>>> shown below.## For more information on storage configuration please refer
>>> to# http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/system/anotherdatastore/
>>> <http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/system/anotherdatastore/>#
>>> Storage Repositories# Default is to use
>>> PostgreSQLPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_METADATA_NAME=pio_metaPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_METADATA_SOURCE=MYSQLPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_EVENTDATA_NAME=pio_eventPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_EVENTDATA_SOURCE=MYSQLPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_MODELDATA_NAME=pio_modelPIO_STORAGE_REPOSITORIES_MODELDATA_SOURCE=MYSQL#
>>> Storage Data Sources# PostgreSQL Default Settings# Please change "pio" to
>>> your database name in PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_URL# Please change
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_USERNAME and# PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_PASSWORD
>>> accordingly#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_TYPE=jdbc#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_URL=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/pio#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_USERNAME=pio#PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_PASSWORD=pio#
>>> MySQL
>>> Example PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_TYPE=jdbc PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/pio
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_USERNAME=pio PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_PASSWORD=pio#
>>> Elasticsearch Example#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_TYPE=elasticsearch#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_CLUSTERNAME=<elasticsearch_cluster_name>#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_HOSTS=localhost#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_PORTS=9300#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_HOME=$PIO_HOME/vendors/elasticsearch-1.4.4#
>>> Local File System
>>> ExamplePIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_LOCALFS_TYPE=localfsPIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_LOCALFS_PATH=$PIO_FS_BASEDIR/models#
>>> HBase Example# PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_HBASE_TYPE=hbase#
>>> PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_HBASE_HOME=$PIO_HOME/vendors/hbase-1.0.0*

Data

is installed at
PGSQL)...
Configuration:
-> pio, TYPE ->

Ok I'm trying
I don't wanna lose much

before using pio commands.

services are

come out to
in the pio-env.sh.template, when
with the posgresql error of

the same things. Party

Rabenarivo <

you need ElasticSearch to
by UR Engine.

<

Should I switch it? I
since the documentation says that I

Marius Rabenarivo <

by default

Ojha <

I get the same output, it's weird.

PM, Marius Rabenarivo <
wrote:

> [...]
section

PGSQL

Vaghawan Ojha <

more confusion here, actually I
IO version 0.10.0 from here
have been fighting to configure mysql
local linux machine.

a different documentation of
website, I'm not sure for which I would have to go.
no "pio-env.sh".  file inside conf
is pio-env.sh.template file. I commented the pgsql
the mysql section with the username and password,
. sudo PredictionIO-0.10.0-incubating/bin/pio
seems to be an error that says that authentication failed
I don't want to use pgsql.

PostgreSQL

Settings
to your database name in
accordingly

looks like. And again
actionml site, it suggests that I do have to have
prediction.io site doesn't tells us
should I follow and where would I find the current
installation guide. I actually wanaa use
my production shortly after I

you very much for your help, I
much.

at 9:27 PM, Pat Ferrel <
wrote:

> [...]
moved to Apache, the namespace of PIO code
all templates need to be updated. None of the ones in
PIO. For the upgraded UR see:
Docs
here: http://actionml.com/docs/ur

the Template gallery page here for a
template status. Some have not been moved to the new
converted to run with PIO but this is pretty easy to do

and purchase_date is all you need to
If you plan to gather other events in the future, use
as item or user based recommendations, the UR will give
on the query with the same data and model, as some others will
you to mix both types in a single query, which may be
amounts of individual user data.

wisdom about this it to put item-based
detail pages, and user-based recs elsewhere, when you don’t
to base recs on, or in another placement on any page.

many different placements of recs in any
the queries. This is how Netflix gets rows and rows of
for different things all based on the same data. The UR
flexible.

at 7:08 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <
wrote:

> [...]
to deploy a recommendation system using

history of user something like this:
and purchase_date, so I will be
and product_id to determine the recommendation. I'm not sure
able to customize the default even parameter.

suggestions like which template would be
for my problem. I don't have data like rating or view state,
about user and product they purchased. I need something
similarity as well as user based item similarity.

be great