predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need a Suggessations
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:19:24 GMT
Yes following is the response of pio status

sudo PredictionIO-0.10.0-incubating/bin/pio status
[INFO] [Console$] Inspecting PredictionIO...
[INFO] [Console$] PredictionIO 0.10.0-incubating is installed at
/home/ekbana-php/Downloads/apache-predictionio-0.10.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.10.0-incubating
[INFO] [Console$] Inspecting Apache Spark...
[INFO] [Console$] Apache Spark is installed at
/home/ekbana-php/Downloads/apache-predictionio-0.10.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.10.0-incubating/vendors/spark-1.5.1-bin-hadoop2.6
[INFO] [Console$] Apache Spark 1.5.1 detected (meets minimum requirement of
1.3.0)
[INFO] [Console$] Inspecting storage backend connections...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: PGSQL)...
[ERROR] [Console$] Unable to connect to all storage backends successfully.
The following shows the error message from the storage backend.
[ERROR] [Console$] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pio"
(org.postgresql.util.PSQLException)
[ERROR] [Console$] Dumping configuration of initialized storage backend
sources. Please make sure they are correct.
[ERROR] [Console$] Source Name: PGSQL; Type: jdbc; Configuration: URL ->
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/pio, PASSWORD -> pio, TYPE -> jdbc, USERNAME ->
pio

Which says that postgresql authentication failed. Ok I'm trying to go for
postgresql this time instead of mysql, I don't wanna lose much time
fighting with this two sql. I can use any of them, it just need to work.

Thanks

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Marius Rabenarivo <
mariusrabenarivo@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you start the services?
>
> The is a script named pio-start-all in $PIO_HOME/bin to do it you can
> check it to see what you have to start before using pio commands.
>
> Try doing pio status to check if all required services are running
> properly.

>> Yes that's what I wanted to do, but couldn't come out to configure it. No
>> matter how much I change in the pio-env.sh.template, when I start the event
>> server it always pops up with the posgresql error of authentication.
>>
>> I even tried with posgresql and it shows the same things. Party something
>> to do with my dumbness I guess.
>>
>> Thank you very much Marius.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Marius Rabenarivo <
>> mariusrabenarivo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You can use MySQL as event store but you need ElasticSearch to store the
>>> model metadata and index used by UR Engine.

I do . sudo

The UR queries are

I need something like