predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need a Suggessations
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:57:02 GMT
The problem here isn't the pio-env.sh. Because I get the same thing even if
I renamed the pio-env.sh to whatever else. It doesn't even matter even if I
deleted the file, because I am getting the same message. There should have
been some file else where this should have been defined.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:36 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan781@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I get the same error even if I deleted the pio-env.sh . I am not sure from
> where else it throws that error. But there is yet anotehr file called
> pio-env.sh.travis, which seems a bit different then pio-env.sh.templat.
>
> May be it's coming from there? I don't know but the code inside bin shows
> it exactly reads the pio-env.sh.
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan781@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I think something else is wrong  that this, otherwise I should get a
>> different error, I get the same error even if I deleted the whole
>> pio-env.sh. This is weird.
>>
>> I'm supposed to get this error when there was no pio-env.sh file
>>
>>   else
>>     echo -e "\033[0;35mWarning: pio-env.sh was not found in
>> ${use_conf_dir}. Using system environment variables instead.\033[0m\n"
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <vaghawan781@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Am I supposed to do something after I changed the pio-env.sh ? Because
>>> it's not working at any rate. I don't know what's so wrong. The error was
>>> there even when there was no pio-env.sh file. And it still is the same.
>>>
>>> ionIO-0.10.0-incubating/bin/pio status
>>> [INFO] [Console$] Inspecting PredictionIO...
>>> [INFO] [Console$] PredictionIO 0.10.0-incubating is installed at
>>> /var/www/apache-predictionio-0.10.0-incubating/PredictionIO-
>>> 0.10.0-incubating
>>> [INFO] [Console$] Inspecting Apache Spark...
>>> [INFO] [Console$] Apache Spark is installed at
>>> /var/www/apache-predictionio-0.10.0-incubating/PredictionIO-
>>> 0.10.0-incubating/vendors/spark-1.5.1-bin-hadoop2.6
>>> [INFO] [Console$] Apache Spark 1.5.1 detected (meets minimum requirement
>>> of 1.3.0)
>>> [INFO] [Console$] Inspecting storage backend connections...
>>> [INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: PGSQL)...
>>> [ERROR] [Console$] Unable to connect to all storage backends
>>> successfully. The following shows the error message from the storage
>>> backend.
>>> [ERROR] [Console$] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pio"
>>> (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException)
>>> [ERROR] [Console$] Dumping configuration of initialized storage backend
>>> sources. Please make sure they are correct.
>>> [ERROR] [Console$] Source Name: PGSQL; Type: jdbc; Configuration: URL ->
>>> jdbc:postgresql://localhost/pio, PASSWORD -> pio, TYPE -> jdbc,
>>> USERNAME -> pio
>>>
>>> Sorry!

PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_USERNAME=pio PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_MYSQL_PASSWORD=pio#

URL

MYSQL instead

Meta Data

(meets minimum
connections...
(Source: PGSQL)...
jdbc;
PASSWORD

Ok I'm trying
I don't wanna lose much
of them, it just need to

start before using pio commands.

services are

<vaghawan781@gmail.com

come out to
in the pio-env.sh.template, when
up with the posgresql error of

the same things.
I guess.

Rabenarivo <

but you need ElasticSearch
used by UR Engine.

Ojha <

default. Should I switch it? I
since the documentation says that I

PM, Marius Rabenarivo <
wrote:

> [...]
PostgreSQL by default

Vaghawan Ojha <

I get the same output, it's

at 10:00 PM, Marius Rabenarivo <
wrote:

> [...]
this section

PostgreSQL

of PGSQL

GMT+04:00 Vaghawan Ojha <

more confusion here, actually I
IO version 0.10.0 from here
 and have been fighting to configure
in my local linux machine.

is a different documentation of
actionml website, I'm not sure for which I would have to go.
is no "pio-env.sh".  file inside conf
there is pio-env.sh.template file. I commented the pgsql
the mysql section with the username and password,
I do . sudo PredictionIO-0.10.0-incubating/bin/pio
seems to be an error that says that authentication failed
I don't want to use pgsql.

to use PostgreSQL

Sources

Default Settings
"pio" to your database name in
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_PGSQL_USERNAME and
accordingly

pio-env.sh.template looks like. And
visited the actionml site, it suggests that I do have to have
but prediction.io site doesn't tells us
one should I follow and where would I find the current
of installation guide. I actually wanaa use
in my production shortly after I
local.

thank you very much for your help, I
so much.

2017 at 9:27 PM, Pat Ferrel <
wrote:

> [...]
has moved to Apache, the namespace of PIO
and so all templates need to be updated. None of the ones in
Apache PIO. For the upgraded UR see:
Docs
are here: http://actionml.com/docs/ur

on the Template gallery page here for a
of template status. Some have not been moved to the new
and converted to run with PIO but this is pretty easy to do
http://predictionio.

product_id and purchase_date is all you need
recommender. If you plan to gather other events in the future,
As far as item or user based recommendations, the UR will give
on the query with the same data and model, as some others will
allows you to mix both types in a single query, which may be
small amounts of individual user data.

accepted wisdom about this it to put
recs on item detail pages, and user-based recs elsewhere, when
have an item to base recs on, or in another placement on any page.

many different placements of recs in any
the queries. This is how Netflix gets rows and rows of
recs for different things all based on the same data. The UR
quite flexible.

2017, at 7:08 AM, Vaghawan Ojha <
wrote:

> [...]
trying to deploy a recommendation system

history of user something like this:
product_id and purchase_date, so I will be
and product_id to determine the recommendation. I'm not sure
be able to customize the default even parameter.

any suggestions like which template would
for my problem. I don't have data like rating or view
only have data about user and product they purchased. I need
like item based similarity as well as user based item similarity.

would be great