predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Gábor Kuli <kuli.gabor....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: E-commerce recommender, recommendations for users who are not logged in?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:38:43 GMT
how can i unsubscribe? thank you!

> 2017. márc. 20. dátummal, 13:58 időpontban Kasper Bjerke <kasper.bjerke91@gmail.com>
írta:

> Thank you for a quick response.
>
> And thank you for clearing up the unknown/new user issue. In my total lack of imagination
I didn't think of passing an empty user parameter.

> I looked into the blacklisting, is it possible to also use this function to blacklist
categories? Say a user already selected an item of a certain category, and now doesn't want
to keep getting recommendations in the same category, would I have to pass all categories
and exclude the the ones already used?

> Initially I wanted to use the UR, but the owner did not want to use HBase and Elasticsearch
at this point. I'm fairly new to this type of technology, but maybe I will try to learn it
and try that out at a later point.

> Kasper
>
> On 20 March 2017 at 13:38, Daniel O' Shaughnessy <danieljamesdavid@gmail.com <mailto:danieljamesdavid@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Kasper,
>
> The Ecom Recommender (http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/templates/ecommercerecommendation/quickstart/
<http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/templates/ecommercerecommendation/quickstart/>)
actually does have a basic way to handle unknown/new users, they get recommended generally
popular items.

more about it there : http://actionml.com/docs/ur <http://actionml.com/docs/ur>

> And yes, AFAIK the blacklist option will simply filter out any items you pass to it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel.
>

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 at 10:02 Kasper Bjerke <kasper.bjerke91@gmail.com <mailto:kasper.bjerke91@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm currently working on a recommender engine for e-commerce. I chose the official
E-com Recommender. I have successfully trained and deployed it. And have been testing some
simple requests:
> { "user" : "someUserId", "num" : 5 } etc. and I get some nice responses.
>
> Now I was wondering if there's some documentation on the following:
> - Provide recommendations for users who are not logged in, like first time users who
would sign up during the purchase or just people who forgot to sign in before adding items
to cart.
> - And is there a way to pass the existing items in cart as a parameter to get a better
recommendation? // is this the blackList Set[ ]?