predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Can I train and deploy on different machine
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:18:20 GMT
yes

My answer below was needlessly verbose.

On Mar 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Marius Rabenarivo <mariusrabenarivo@gmail.com> wrote:

But I want to run the driver outside the server where I'll run the PredictionServer.

As Spark will be used only for launching there.

Is it possible to run the driver outside the host where I'll deploy the engine? I mean for
deploying

I'm reading documentation about Spark right now for having insight on how I can do it but
I want to know if someone has tried to do something similar.

Spark must be installed locally (so spark-submit will work) but Spark is only used to launch
the PredictionServer. No job is run on Spark for the UR during query serving.

We typically train on a Spark driver machine that is like part of the Spark cluster and deploy
on a server separate from the Spark cluster. This is so that the cluster can be stopped when
not training and no AWS charges are incurred.

So yes you can and often there are good reasons to do so.

See the Spark overview here: http://actionml.com/docs/intro_to_spark <http://actionml.com/docs/intro_to_spark>

On Mar 27, 2017, at 11:48 PM, Marius Rabenarivo <mariusrabenarivo@gmail.com <mailto:mariusrabenarivo@gmail.com>>