predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: How to transform variables?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:45:37 GMT
It would help to know what you are trying to implement.

The datasource and preparator are used only during the input part of train, they pass data
to the train method of your algorithm when you run `pio train`. The predict method does not
use them at all. It may get data from the EventStore, but not through those other classes.

If you need data to always be the log of some number you may want to take the log before it
is sent to the EventServer so it will always be a log, event when you get the Query or out
of the EventSever.