predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Hossein Bahrami <h.bahr...@live.com>
Subject RE: Multiple apps problem
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:35:41 GMT
Hi Pat,

I have a Ubuntu machine which PredictionIo (0.9.7-aml) installed on it,
I have two application both based on Universal recommender template.
I trained both of the apps and deployed them on different ports .
Results of the apps were quite normal but the problem which I figured out later is that one
of the apps was predicting items with score zero so I retrained it then scores become normal
numbers but after this action (retraining) the other app start returning empty results, so
I retrained that one and then the first one returned zero score items again .

This is like closed circle and retraining each of apps causes the other app return empty results
or abnormal zero scored results.

Regards
Hossein

From: Pat Ferrel<mailto:pat@occamsmachete.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:57 PM
To: user@predictionio.incubator.apache.org<mailto:user@predictionio.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Multiple apps problem

This forum is to support Apache PIO, and the latest UR runs on it so I advise you upgrade.
Instructions are here on actionml.com<http://actionml.com> or here for Apache PIO: http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/install/

I don't understand your explanation, there should be one train per PredictionServer, you can't
have one PS and two "engines" or configurations. The 2 engines must be on 2 different ports
if deployed separately.

Can you explain your setup and what you are trying to do?

On Jan 12, 2017, at 7:39 AM, Hossein Bahrami <h.bahrami@live.com<mailto:h.bahrami@live.com>>