predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Harsh Mathur <harshmathur.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Universal Recommender Creating Index in ElasticSearch but not able to persist the model
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:56:08 GMT
Hi,
The problem is in training phase of the UR template, the model
(correlators), is built, but unable to persist in elastic search. The
connectivity is there because indices are getting created, though no data
is being pushed. Help appreciated.

My SparkConf is as follows:
        "es.nodes": "hostname",
"es.port": port,
"es.net.http.auth.user": "username",
"es.net.http.auth.pass": "password",
"es.net.ssl": true

However, I can see a new index getting created but no data being pushed
(timeout exception)

https://basic_auth@host:port/_cat/indices?v
green  open   urindex_1479911005241   4   0          0            0
460b           460b
green  open   pio_meta                4   0         19            1
 210.8kb        210.8kb
green  open   urindex_1479909625467   4   0          0            0
460b           460b
green  open   urindex_1479908293213   4   0          0            0
460b           460b
green  open   urindex_1479911811014   4   0          0            0
460b           460b
green  open   urindex_1479910315092   4   0          0            0
460b           460b

As you can see after every retry, I can see a new index.

The Exception I get is:

[INFO] [URAlgorithm] Correlators created now putting into URModel
[INFO] [URModel] Converting cooccurrence matrices into correlators
[INFO] [URModel] Group all properties RDD
[INFO] [URModel] ES fields[10]: List(available, id, defaultRank,
categories, expires, popRank, purchase, countries, view, date)
[Stage 103:>                                                        (0 + 2)
/ 5][INFO] [HttpMethodDirector] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException)
caught when processing request: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
[INFO] [HttpMethodDirector] Retrying request
[INFO] [HttpMethodDirector] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException)
caught when processing request: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
[INFO] [HttpMethodDirector] Retrying request

Regards
Harsh Mathur
harshmathur.1990@gmail.com

*“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the
hard work you already did."*