predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@actionml.com>
Subject Re: Suggest users based on item
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 22:17:26 GMT
The easiest way to do this is substitute the user-id with the item-id and vice versa. Do not
change the names used in the input JSON or in the queries.

Where the input is documented as (user-id, event-type, item-id) just swap the ids, the input
may ask for user: user-id but send item-id instead.

Where the query is for user=user-id just send an item-id.

This will work for only a single event—the conversion event/primary event. You train a model
to find items preferred by users, and with an item-id in the query you can get “recommended”
users. They will be called items in the json, but ignore that, the JSON is just a label.