predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: UniversalRecommender performance bottleneck in SimilarityAnalysis.cooccurrencesIDSs
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:04:25 GMT
The current head of the template repo repartitions input based on Spark's default parallelism,
which I set on the `pio train` CLI to 4 x #-of-cores. This speeds up the math drastically.
There are still some things that look like bottlenecks but taking them out make things slower.
The labels you see in the Spark GUI should be considered approximations.

The parOpt is a mahout specific way to control partitioning and I avoid it by using the Spark
method.