predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Jenna Kwon <jinkwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Running predictionIO on a web server other than localhost
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 22:07:32 GMT
Hello!

I am a beginner so please excuse me if my question is rudimentary.
I've followed a demo for Tapster Comics Recommendation (
http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/demo/tapster/) and have a good
understanding of deploying the engine, app and event server on localhost.

My app ran on localhost:3000, engine ran on localhost:8000, and eventserver
ran on localhost:7000.

I would like to now deploy these on a web server. The "app" would be a
specific website. How would I hook up and deploy eventserver and
predictionIO engine to gather information from that specific website?

Would it just be a matter of changing environmental variables in pio-env.sh
(in predictionIO installation directory) as well as those in app's
directory? For example, would I substitute "localhost" with a web server?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Jenna Kwon

--
Jenna Kwon
B.S. Computer Science '17| Georgia Institute of Technology