predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Services are completely down
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 21:30:33 GMT
Because we are incubating, much at issue with respect to Apache policy found with a release
will not block it, as long as we promise to fix it for the next one, but it may take a couple
of release candidates to get a minimum viable release out. I'd advise in general making the
attempt at an Apache branded release right away.

> On Jul 17, 2016, at 12:40 PM, Donald Szeto <donald@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I will take a shot at putting up a site on Apache this week. The effort in trying to
restore services that rely on the old domain is not up to speed.

> I'd also suggest releasing a quick patch release for this change. I'll help start a new
thread on dev@.

>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Some of the initial delay is my responsibility. I waited after the acceptance vote
to file tickets to get things moving until I had a good personal sense there would be no problem
(at least on the Salesforce side) with transfer of the PIO trademark and also discussed the
matter with the IPMC.

>> I agree, though, now the onus is on Apache PredictionIO to start moving. Unless,
like I mentioned in my other email, there is some kind of blocker in your workflow. Even then
nothing will resolve if you're not making noise about it.

>>> On Jul 17, 2016, at 9:54 AM, Suneel Marthi <smarthi@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> PRedictionIO is all set up as an Apache project, the reason the website is not
up has more to do with new Apache PredictionIO PMC not moving fast and has nothing to do with
Apache Infra team, so stop pointing fingers at Apache Infra and how slow things are.

>>> Apache Pirk project was started < 10 days ago and they have everything up
and running including the website - http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/  and the mailing lists
are active.

>>> As far as Apache goes I think they have fulfilled all requests that were asked
of them, the onus is now on PMC to jump start the project.

and use  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/actionml-user but watch for developments

and the Apache site is not functional yet. This Google Groups forum will be retired in favor
of an Apache mailing list that we can’t document until we get an Apache site running.

that it is an ASF project. But it takes time for the ASF infrastructure people to set up site,
mailing lists, etc., and more time to get things moved over. Also consider that it’s vacation
season so hard to get everyone on the same page.

PIO in the long term and we (ActionML) are doing commercial installations and customizations
constantly during this period.

(ssl problem?), some people are pointing to ActionML, main github repo redirects to apache-incubator,
what is going on?
of Salesforce, but there should be some roadmap or readme explaining what is going on and
when it will be fixed.
to choose it for our needs. But now it does not work, what should we do? Search another product?
Or wait? Please explain