predictionio-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Services are completely down
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:03:49 GMT
Some of the initial delay is my responsibility. I waited after the acceptance vote to file
tickets to get things moving until I had a good personal sense there would be no problem (at
least on the Salesforce side) with transfer of the PIO trademark and also discussed the matter
with the IPMC.

I agree, though, now the onus is on Apache PredictionIO to start moving. Unless, like I mentioned
in my other email, there is some kind of blocker in your workflow. Even then nothing will
resolve if you're not making noise about it.

> On Jul 17, 2016, at 9:54 AM, Suneel Marthi <smarthi@apache.org> wrote:
>
> PRedictionIO is all set up as an Apache project, the reason the website is not up has
more to do with new Apache PredictionIO PMC not moving fast and has nothing to do with Apache
Infra team, so stop pointing fingers at Apache Infra and how slow things are.

including the website - http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/  and the mailing lists are active.

> As far as Apache goes I think they have fulfilled all requests that were asked of them,
the onus is now on PMC to jump start the project.

use  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/actionml-user but watch for developments on the

>> The prediction.io site is not being maintained during the transition to Apache and
the Apache site is not functional yet. This Google Groups forum will be retired in favor of
an Apache mailing list that we can’t document until we get an Apache site running.

>> As to a schedule, the code is already donated to the ASF so there is no question
that it is an ASF project. But it takes time for the ASF infrastructure people to set up site,
mailing lists, etc., and more time to get things moved over. Also consider that it’s vacation
season so hard to get everyone on the same page.

>> Sorry for the confusion but rest assured that ASF, and ActionML plan to support PIO
in the long term and we (ActionML) are doing commercial installations and customizations constantly
during this period.

?

>> On Jul 17, 2016, at 2:57 AM, Евгений Шувалов <eugene.rnd@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> ATM install script doesn't work, template building\training doesn't work (ssl problem?),
some people are pointing to ActionML, main github repo redirects to apache-incubator, what
is going on?
>> It's clearly to me and others that there are some migration issues because of Salesforce,
but there should be some roadmap or readme explaining what is going on and when it will be
fixed.
>> I tried PredictionIO couple of months ago and it was fine, so we decided to choose
it for our needs. But now it does not work, what should we do? Search another product? Or
wait? Please explain